Skip to main content

Well, She Tried🫤🤷🏾‍♀️


So why did Hollywood think it was a good idea to release 2 movies called "Runner" around the same time? Though the difference is one of them stars Jack Reacher and released to theaters, while the other stars probably the worst actress of a generation and released to Amazon Prime. In The Runner, Gal Gadot runs for her son's life when he is kidnapped by Damien Lewis.

I have heard almost no good things about this movie aside from it being short. However I tried not to let that cloud my own judgment upon finally watching this. But unfortunately people are right, this is very bad. The problem is this movie tries way too hard to be intense when it's mostly just running and talking. And whenever it actually did get intense it was either briefly or extremely over-the-top. 

Pretty much everything was poorly executed. Mainly the plot twist, which I was aware of before hand due to other reviews. Not only was it obviously impossible and unrealistic for the protagonist to pull off, but it was more than apparent that the film thinks it's brilliant when in reality it's just desperate to look brilliant. There were a lot of things in this film that could've worked if it was properly executed. It's quite pathetic actually.

Now obviously we have to talk about Gal Gadot, whose acting abilities (or lack there of) have not aged well. Believe it or not I do think she tried this time, but unfortunately it wasn't enough. There were moments where I thought she was fine, but whenever she attempted to take it to the next level it just fell flat. The emotional and intense scenes especially, which are both important aspects of this movie and Gadot couldn't pull either of them off. While this is no Kal-El No!, it's not much of an improvement either. The woman just can't act........at all. But at least she didn't sing!😂

Lastly, Damien Lewis (who was in Pressure earlier this year) was completely wasted of his talents in this.

This isn't worse than Ice Cream Man, but it's still one of the worst I've seen this year. Thanks For Reading. 

Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/naomi.chadwick.58/
X-@ChadwickNa28887
Email-naenotlikeyou@gmail.com
Instagram-https://www.instagram.com/ihearttop123/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American Idol 2026 Day 1: Introduction

With the Top 20 Officially decided, the time has come for my annual Idol rankings and commentaries. Quick little explanation; I will be saying my thoughts on the contestants and their performances. In typical 'me' fashion, I will rank each performance to #1. But unlike my normal lists, this will be from worst to best. This will be starting in two weeks as today is just an introduction. I present to you our Top 20;   Philmon Lee                                                        Madison Moon  Braden Rumfelt                    Jake Thistle  Jesse Findling                          Jordan McCullough (Platinum)  Ruby Rae                   ...

Last Minute Music Reviews

  So here are some last minute reviews of songs that I've heard over the past few months that did not reach #1;   Where Is My Husband - Raye This is incredibly fun and strangely catchy. While this is not officially a jazz song, this obviously has jazz influence and it works very well for this song. I will go ahead and admit that this is my introduction to Raya, I have not listened to Oscar Winning Tears . So far, I'm intrigued.    Midnight Sun - Zara Larsson This song is kind of AWESOME. Not only is the production GORGEOUS, but it also has a very nice hook that goes smoothly with Larsson's voice. My sister actually recommended this song to me and I see why. Larsson does currently have a Grammy nomination for this. She's gonna lose, but I'm glad this song got recognized. If my sister see's this, thank you.   How It's Done - Huntrix (From KPop Demon Hunters ) I have been meaning to review this for a while, but I kept getting lazy. Like Golden , this song has g...

So.......The Bride😕

So I was completely off-track with The Bride . Did not expect the film to crash and burn as hard as it did with both critics AND the box-office. After getting murdered, a woman by the name of Ida is brought back to life with the intention of being a companion to the oh-so iconic Frankenstein. And together they wreck havoc. Like Wuthering Heights , the movie wasn't terrible but it had a lot of problems. The biggest issue with this film is that it tries way too hard to be edgy and it just doesn't work. It wanted to be this hardcore feminist take on Frankenstein , but it just felt convoluted and slightly underwritten. It had this plotline involving Ida causing some revolution for women and did pretty much nothing with it until the last minute. It was kind of a let down. The best thing about the movie however was the performances and chemistry between Buckley and Christian Bale. I thought they were strangely endearing, and this might be a better love story than Wuthering Heights  (...