I don't play video games, I know very little about the Resident Evil games. I am somewhat familiar with the movies and that most of them aren't good. For a long time this franchise was cursed with bad movies, until now. From the director of Weapons, this rendition of Resident Evil centers on a medical courier who makes the mistake of bringing a package to a VERY infected Racoon City.
Yeah this movie was awesome, I liked it way more than I expected. And If you remember from my "September 2026 Releases" post, I was skeptical about seeing this and I am so glad I gave it a shot. This is probably the ugliest virus I have ever seen, even during the early stages because of how unhinged the infected become. While the movie was indeed terrifying, it was also strangely versatile as it was comical when it wanted to be (which was most of the time) but also heartbreaking when it needed to be. A lot of that is credited to Austin Abrams, who we'll talk about later.
This movie is very self-aware. Now as I mentioned earlier, I am not a video game person so any easter eggs that were shown in the movie I know absolutely nothing about. But there were several jokes in the movie involving video games which I found hilarious. It definitely knew it was a video game at its core.
A good majority of the movie relied on Abrams, and he definitely did his job. I would describe his character as a likeable and relatable wuss as he pretty much accurately portrayed how any of us would react in this situation. But much like the movie itself, his performance was also versatile. His relatability, likeability and versatility made us root for him and want to see him survive and I applaud Abrams for pulling that off. Nice job👍🏾
I'm aware there are a lot of complaints about the ending. I didn't take much issue with it aside from feeling it was slightly unfinished.
But yeah, awesome movie. Thanks For Reading.
Comments
Post a Comment