There are very few rom-coms that I actually like such as Silver Linings Playbook which is a rom-com with substance and strong acting. Others I like include The Proposal and Crazy Rich Asians. But most of them I find bland and boring, and this movie is no exception. In a world where marriage before sex had been declared illegal except for one day, 2 individuals set out to get laid for the year.
The movie itself wasn't necessarily bad, but it's not memorable in any. Barbaro and Turner were fine enough but nothing about them really stands out together or apart. In comparison to the only other rom-com I've seen this year, Office Romance is slightly more memorable because Lopez and Goldstein were more endearing and also unfortunately because of its obnoxious aspects.
Also, for some reason this film thought it was a good idea to mix dystopia with romantic comedy, and it just didn't work. It did not do anything with either of the genres. The combination didn't completely crash and burn, but they didn't really mix together either.
I did laugh at some moments though. Just not a lot. Thanks For Reading
Comments
Post a Comment