I'm gonna be honest, I barely know anything about Anthony Bourdain aside from his suicide. So I guess I learned a little more about him through this movie. This film depicts the early life of Bourdain, particularly him going to Massachusetts after being rejected a fellowship and finds himself working at a restaurant.
I really enjoyed this movie. The acting and poignancy was probably the strongest aspects of this film and Dominic Sessa, Leo Woodall and Antonio Banderas were definitely the standouts. Banderas was hilarious (especially with a bucket of water), but also balanced with versatility and vulnerability. Woodall was a jerk, and Sessa was brilliant as Bourdain himself
The movie was funny, but also very warm and inviting as it showcased this obnoxious kid getting a well deserved butt-whomping and learning to appreciate food. Though you also understand the kid as he was dealing with constant disappointment as well. There was also a little reference to Bourdain's unfortunate end that I found interesting.
Very good movie. Thanks For Reading
Comments
Post a Comment