Eli Roth has had a rough last few years. Yes people seemed to be moderately content with Thanksgiving, but absolutely NO ONE likes Borderlands, neither of which I have seen myself. In the fictional town of Bayleen Bay, Jonathan Smiley causes chaos by giving out ice cream that brainwashes children into murdering their parents and other adults.
This was one of the cheapest pieces of trash I have ever seen. I genuinely could not believe how cheap this movie looked and how lame it truly was. I've heard there was a lot of A.I. involved in this and I did see a good amount of A.I. in most of these kills. Most of the kills felt like they were trying too hard to be memorable, and they are remembered but not in a good way. I also think most of the dialogue was written by A.I. as well because the dialogue in this film was either overly convoluted, cheesy or trying too hard to be funny, and it just didn't work.
The acting in this film was awful. Everyone involved were either barely trying, or extremely hammy. The dramatic moments in the film were ineffective because of the terrible acting and extreme cheesiness. I also was not a fan of these kids cursing like they're adults. It makes them less sympathetic, and more like they need a serious butt-whooping.
My apologies if this is a spoiler, but there was a twist at the end of the movie that could've worked if it was in a better movie. It was easily the best part of the film, but was still downplayed by the cheesiness of the entire scene. One girl's acting was relatively decent, but it wasn't enough to save that scene because everyone else still sucked.
This was such a cheap movie and is now the worst I have seen this year. Thanks For Reading
Comments
Post a Comment